The mission of the Two Harbors Area Chamber of Commerce is to create and enhance a business climate in which area businesses can prosper.
five reasons why your business should belong to the chamber
1. Advocate for North Shore Communities locally, regionally and statewide.
2. Get involved in the education of young people and the training of our workforce.
3. Improve and promote the services and value of the Chamber to members.
4. Take an active role in traffic and transportation issues on the North Shore.
5. Work to enhance and promote the North Shore experience. Enhance the economic benefits of travel and tourism.
How is the Chamber meeting these goals?
The Chamber has developed Committees that address issues related to Education, Construction, Manufacturing, Public Policy, Timber and Tourism. The Chamber manages the R.J. Houle Information Center.
The Chamber promotes area businesses through website linkages, encouraging membership to support each other, sponsoring industry specific forums, and networking opportunities including monthly breakfast networking opportunities, two annual membership banquets as well as an annual golf tournament.
The Chamber promotes the area through the production of promotional publications including an annual visitor guide and community directory; community maps; snowmobile maps; events and festival brochures as well as promoting the area in leading state and regional destination publications.
The Chamber supports area youth by annually presenting a total of five 9th grade $300 scholarships, three awarded to students in Two Harbors and two awarded to students in Silver Bay; a 4H leadership award and revitalizing school-to-work program.
The Chamber supports the community by sponsoring “Breakfast for Champions” recognizing medical, response, fire and law enforcement personnel; participating in community events including Grandma’s Marathon and Northshore Inline Marathon.